The Application Process
The Wordsley School continues to go from strength to strength. Our school is held in the highest esteem by pupils, parents and staff having been consistently oversubscribed. Our aim is for this school to be the best; we are a school dedicated to success where all children leave aged 16 having identified a talent, a skill, an intelligence and the confidence to become whatever they aspire to be.
We are currently into Phase Two of our school expansion plan with an estimated completion of May 2021. This work includes a new Multi Use Games Area, Sports Hall, English/Library block and Science laboratories. As a result of a projected increase in pupil numbers, we require additional staff.
The posts advertised for The Wordsley School require an enhanced disclosure in accordance with the Protection of Children Act 1999.
Dudley Council on behalf of the school will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the Council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The councils full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at www.dudley.gov.uk.
Headteacher – L25 - L31
The Governing body is seeking to appoint an exceptional Headteacher to lead the development of the expanding Wordsley School in Dudley.
If you are a strategic leader who is wholeheartedly committed to promoting a first class educational experience, with the drive, skills and knowledge required to provide inspirational leadership - whilst sharing our values and ambition to develop excellence in all our young people and staff - we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide inspirational, strategic and professional leadership for staff and governors.
- Ensure we continue to educate young people to the highest standard to ensure that their potential is realised.
- Build upon the very positive relationships within the school and with parents and the wider community, based upon the values of trust, fairness, mutual respect and inclusiveness.
- Promote the highest standards of attainment and behaviour, attendance, punctuality and appearance.
- Maintain the needs and aspirations of all pupils at the centre of our thinking.
School visits will be taking place on:
- Tuesday 21st April 2020
- Wednesday 22nd April 2020
Please contact Rachel Potter, Senior Administrator, on 01384 816015 if you would like to arrange a visit.
You can find further details and apply through WM Jobs.
The closing date for applications will be no later than 24th April 2020.