Year 7 Science
Year 7 Science
- Discuss the function of plant and animal cells and explain the relationship between different tissues, organs and organ systems to evaluate how humans function.
- Evaluate the role of human sex cells, the male and female reproductive systems. Explain the processes of menstruation, ovulation and gestation, to evaluate how humans function.
- Explain the role and function of the skeletal muscular system, to evaluate how the body is controlled. Explain how the short and long term use of drugs can impact health.
- Evaluate how the key features of an ecosystem interact with each other in order to survive.
- Discuss the processes of dissolving, filtration, chromatography and distillation using scientific ideas about particles.
- Discuss how alloys are make and the differences between pure and impure substances using scientific ideas about particles. Compare metallic and non-metallic elements, compounds and describe the structure of different atoms.
- Compare and contrast the properties of solids, liquids and gases and use particle models to explain changes of state between matter.
- Compare practical methods used to test and identify between acids and alkalis.
- Explain the reactions which occur between acids and alkalis, metals and carbonates using scientific ideas.
- Discuss how different forms of energy can be transferred.
- Compare non-renewable and renewable energy resources and evaluate how different power stations generate electricity. Discuss how different types of sound are made using scientific ideas about waves and particles and analyse wave diagrams. Discuss how the human ear works and compare and contrast the differences between sound waves.
- Compare and contrast the effects of different contact and non-contact forces and discuss how balanced and unbalanced forces can affect different objects and their motion.
- Discuss the function of a variety of components in electrical circuits and build complex circuits safely using diagrams.
- Explain how electricity flows around a circuit.