Year 7 Science
Year 7 Science
- Describe the parts a plant cell and animal cell and describe examples of different tissues, organs and organ systems. Describe the function of human sex cells and the male and female reproductive systems.
- Describe the processes of menstruation, ovulation and gestation.
- Describe the function of the key parts of the skeleton and describe how muscles control movement, breathing and the action of the heart.
- Describe how different drugs affect how the body works and the effect on the nervous system.
- Describe the key features of an ecosystem and how they interact with each other in order to survive.
- Describe the processes of dissolving, filtration chromatography and distillation.
- Describe alloys and the differences between pure and impure substances.
- Describe metallic and non-metallic elements, simple compounds and describe the simple structure of atoms.
- Describe materials as solids liquids and gases and changes of state between matter.
- Describe the colour and pH changes which take place when practically testing acids and alkalis.
- Describe what happens during simple chemical reactions between acids and alkalis, metals and carbonates.
- Describe the different types of energy, the variety of non-renewable and renewable energy resources and how power stations are used to generate electricity.
- Describe how different types of sound are made and label the key parts of a wave diagram.
- Describe the function of the key parts of a human ear and describe differences between sounds.
- Describe the effect of different contact and non-contact forces and describe how balanced and unbalanced forces can affect different objects and their motion.
- Describe the different components of simple electrical circuit and build different electrical circuits safely using diagrams.