Year 7 Science
Year 7 Science
- Explain the function of a plant cell, an animal cell and explain the relationship between different tissues, organs and organ systems.
- Explain the function of human sex cells and the features of male and female reproductive systems.
- Explain the processes of menstruation, ovulation and gestation.
- Explain the function of the skeleton and explain how muscles control movement, breathing and the action of the heart.
- Explain how the key features of an ecosystem interact with each other in order to survive.
- Explain the processes of dissolving, filtration, chromatography and distillation.
- Explain how alloys are make and the differences between pure and impure substances.
- Explain the differences between metallic and non-metallic elements, compounds and describe the structure of different atoms.
- Explain how materials form solids liquids and gases and explain changes of state between matter using ideas about particles.
- Explain how acids and alkalis can be tested using difference practical methods.
- Explain what happens during simple chemical reactions between acids and alkalis, metals and carbonates.
- Explain how energy can be transferred, how non-renewable and renewable energy resources are produced and how power stations use energy resources to generate electricity.
- Explain how different types of sound are made and draw labelled wave diagrams, showing an understanding of waves.
- Explain the function of the key parts of a human ear to enable us to hear and explain the differences between sounds.
- Explain the effect of different contact and non-contact forces and explain how balanced and unbalanced forces can affect different objects and their motion.
- Explain the function of components in electrical circuits and use diagrams to build simple circuits safely, showing an understanding of how electricity flows around a circuit.