Year 8 Science
Year 8 Science
- State the key components of a balanced diet, name the important parts of the digestive system and simply describe the role of food in the body.
- State the key characteristics of plants and their reproductive organs.
- Recall how plants reproduce and simply describe the processes of pollination, fertilisation, dispersal, germination and plant growth.
- Recall what happens during aerobic and anaerobic respiration animals and plants. State the key organs in the human gas exchange system and simply describe how this system can be affected.
- Recall the uses of unicellular organisms in food production and decomposition.
- State the meanings of fuel, combustion and oxidation, name the three sides of the fire triangle and describe how to stay safe.
- Recall examples of pollution caused by burning fossil fuels and some of their effects on the atmosphere.
- Recall and describe the formations of the different rock types and describe the effects of physical weathering.
- Recall that metals can be recycled.
- Describe the common properties of metals and non-metals and simple describe the reactions of metals with acids and oxygen.
- Identify between pure and impure substances.
- Recall the ways heat can be transferred and state the meaning of efficiency.
- Recall that white light can be split into colours and travels in straight lines from a source.
- Complete diagrams for reflections and refraction.
- Describe the three states of matter. State what is meant by gas pressure and fluid pressure.
- Describe the positions and movements of the earth, moon and planets and how this is responsible for days, seasons and years.