In Year 9, pupils will study the topics:
An Introduction to Business and Enterprise
- What is enterprise and what skills an entrepreneur possesses.
- The Business Plan.
- How a successful business could be created.
Needs, wants, products and services
- Understanding what customers want.
- Sectors of production.
- Business logos
- The mission statement, aims and objectives
Market research and promoting your business
- Types of market research
- Conducting a survey
- Analysing survey results and making business decisions
- Promotion and advertising
Business ownership and people in a business
- Types of business ownership
- Jobs carried out in a business
- The recruitment process
- Creating a job advert
- Conducting an interview
Sources of finance
- Sources of finance for a new business
- Advantages and disadvantages of each source of finance
- The Bank and interest rates
GCSE Business Studies (AQA)
Controlled Assessment (25%)
Investigating a small business: The controlled assessment topic is set by the exam board and changes each year. The themes over previous years have included promotion, customer service and location. Pupils have to carry out an investigation into what their business currently does and how this could be improved.
The scheme of work for KS4 includes the following topics:
- Starting a business
- Setting business aims and objectives
- Business Planning
- Choosing the appropriate legal structure
- Choosing the location of the business
- People in business
- Operations management
Headteacher Mike Lambert
Call us 01384 816015